skip to content
Law Handbook banner image

Other charges

If your site is not individually metered for water, electricity or gas, the park owner cannot charge you separately for these services. However, any costs for providing the site to you can be included in the amount you are charged for rent.

If your site is separately metered for water, electricity or gas, the park owner can make it a term of your residential park agreement that you can be charged separately for these services. Similarly, if bottled gas is supplied to you by the park owner, you can be charged separately for the amount of gas you use, if this is a term of your agreement [Residential Parks Act 2007 (SA) s 43].

You can request the park owner to give you details of the separately metered charges for water, electricity, gas or bottled gas, including details of the period of time the charges relate to, the amount used and the amount of the charges. If this information is not provided, you do not have to pay the charges claimed by the park owner.

A residential park agreement can include a term that allows the park owner to charge a fee if you have an overnight visitor (the amount must be stated in the agreement). A fee can only be charged for overnight visitors if your agreement includes such a term.

Other charges  :  Last Revised: Thu Jun 5th 2014
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.