skip to content
Law Handbook banner image

Residential Parks

The Residential Parks Act 2007 (SA) covers certain types of rental agreements (known as 'residential park agreements') in residential parks.

A 'residential park' is land where a group of sites or dwellings with access to common property (for example, bathroom, laundry) are available for rent. A caravan park is an example of a 'residential park'.

A 'dwelling' is:

  • a structure designed for and capable of being used for human habitation (the structure can be fixed or moveable, but tents are not included); or
  • a motor vehicle or trailer designed for and capable of being used for human habitation.

[Residential Parks Act 2007 (SA) s 3]


Tenancies Branch

Consumer and Business Services

91 Grenfell Street ADELAIDE SA 5000

Telephone: 131 882

South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal

Level 4, 100 Pirie St


1800 723 767


Legal Services Commission

159 Gawler Place ADELAIDE 5000

Telephone: 8111 5555

Legal Help Line: 1300 366 424

Relevant forms can be downloaded from the SA Gov- Residential Parks website.

Residential Parks  :  Last Revised: Fri Dec 23rd 2016
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.