skip to content
Law Handbook banner image

What information needs to be provided to the resident?

Certain information is required to be provided to residents either before or when entering into a residential park agreement.

This includes:

  • copies of the park rules;
  • written notice of any fees and charges for services provided by the park owner;
  • what utilities the resident needs to pay;
  • contact details for the park owner, including full name and address or registered office of the company;
  • contact details for a person who can conduct emergency repairs;
  • whether the resident is entitled to any other payment when they cease to occupy the premises (other than a bond);
  • in the case of a residential park site agreement, the residents rights to sell or relocate a dwelling on the site and any arrangements if they can not sell;
  • the information notice (Form J) provided by the Tenancies Branch of Consumer and Business Services; and
  • instruction manuals for appliances and devices as part of the rented premises or common area.

If the park owner changes, the new owner must notify the resident in writing of the change of details within 14 days. If this information is not provided, an expiation fine of $105 may be imposed or a fine of up to $750.

[See Residential Parks Act 2007 (SA) s 14].

What information needs to be provided to the resident?  :  Last Revised: Fri Dec 23rd 2016
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.