skip to content

Refine results

Search by

Search by Algolia
Law Handbook banner image

Where to get migration assistance in South Australia

The Legal Services Commission offers free advice about some visa types and migration issues, with the exception of student visas and work visas.

The Australian Refugee Association provides assistance to refugees in the community. They may be able to assist with a broad range of visa applications, for which a fee is usually charged.

The Refugee Advocacy Service of South Australia (RASSA) is a community legal service that provides pro bono migration legal assistance to asylum seekers who are eligible to apply for a Temporary Protection Visa or a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa.

All these services have limited funding and criteria about who they can assist. People seeking assistance should contact the organisation directly to find out whether they satisfy the criteria for assistance.

Advice about student visas and skilled visas must usually be obtained from a private migration agent. Contact details for migration agents in South Australia can be obtained from the Migration Agents Registration Authority.

The Legal Services Commission (SA)

159 Gawler Place

Adelaide SA 5000

Tel: 1300 366 424

Legal Services Commission SA Website 

The Australian Refugee Association

304 Henley Beach Road

Underdale SA 5032

Tel: (08) 8354 2951

Australian Refugee Association Website 

Migration Agents Registration Authority

(for referral to private, registered migration agents)

Tel: (02) 9299 5446

Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority Website 

Refugee Advocacy Service of South Australia (RASSA)

(for legal assistance for asylum seekers) 

182 Victoria Square

Tel: 0401 247 224

Where to get migration assistance in South Australia  :  Last Revised: Fri Oct 12th 2018
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.