skip to content

Refine results

Search by

Search by Algolia
Law Handbook banner image

How does one apply?

Where pre-action procedures have been complied with and agreement cannot be reached, or where the matter is exempt from pre-action procedures, the documents needed to apply are the Initiating Application, and a Financial Statementwith details of all financial circumstances.

These are filed in court and served, and the other party responds with a Response to Initiating an Application and Financial Statement.

Filing fees apply to both an Initiating Application and a Response to Initiating Application.

For the relevant fees and documents, see the Family Court's website and the Federal Circuit Court's website.

How does one apply?  :  Last Revised: Mon Jun 1st 2015
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.