skip to content

Refine results

Search by

Search by Algolia
Law Handbook banner image

Tenancy issues and intervention orders

New laws have been introduced to allow victims of domestic violence to terminate residential tenancy agreements and to ensure that they are not financially penalised by the actions of an alleged abuser.

Depending on whether you want to stay or to leave the premises, you will need to make an application to the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. More information can be located on the SA Government- Residential Tenancy Protection for Domestic Violence Victims website.

For further details of the options available see also Intervention orders and tenancy issues in the Housing chapter.

In an emergency: 000

For police attendance: 131 444

Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1800 800 098

1800 RESPECT: 1800 737 732.

Tenancy issues and intervention orders  :  Last Revised: Thu Jan 10th 2019
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.