skip to content

Refine results

Search by

Search by Algolia
Law Handbook banner image

Accidents on private and public property

This section deals with accidents and injuries that occur on property - whether private or public. Private land includes private homes and gardens, cinemas and shopping centres. Public land is land owned by the Crown (that is, the Commonwealth or State Government or a statutory body) to which the public has access, such as public roads, parks and government offices.

The area of law about compensation for these accidents and injuries is mostly under the Civil Liability Act 1936 (SA) and is known as occupier's liability.

Who is liable?  :  Last Revised: Tue Aug 2nd 2016
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.