skip to content
Law Handbook banner image

Service Pension

If a claim for the Service Pension is rejected, the claimant has a right to seek an internal review of the initial decision by a more senior officer of the Department of Veterans' Affairs. If this is unsuccessful, the claimant must appeal directly to the Veterans' Appeals Division of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal. There is no intervening right of appeal to the Veterans' Review Board. Again, on matters of law, there is a further possibility of appeal to the Federal Court and High Court.

Service Pension  :  Last Revised: Thu Jul 2nd 2015
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.